Created by the team behind the United Kingdom’s 12-sided £1 coin, which is known as ‘the world’s most secure coin’, the Britannia 2023 bullion coin features innovative security technology that make it the most visually secure coin in the world.
- The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
- The world’s first bullion coin to feature the first coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III
- The iconic Britannia coin design includes four advanced security features
- Surface animation creates movement in the background of waves
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
Struck in 999.9 fine gold and enhanced with four security features, Philip Nathan’s depiction of Britannia is as beautiful as ever on this bullion coin. In the lower left-hand of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, a trident represents her naval history, and as the viewer changes their perspective this trident becomes a padlock, emphasizing the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation reflects the movement of waves and fine details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield has been carefully highlighted in the coin’s bullion finish. These added security features both decorate and protect the coin, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’.
Tap into our 20 years of experience and let us walk you through our products and solutions, and answer any questions you have about diversifying your portfolio.
At a time that works for you.