- The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
- The world’s first bullion coin to feature the first coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III
- Enhanced with four advanced security features
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
For more than 1,100 years, The Royal Mint has innovated to create coins that are beautiful, secure and trusted. In 2023, Britannia, the symbol of Britain, continues to lead the way in defining security in the bullion market. This latest evolution of the icon combines Philip Nathan’s acclaimed interpretation with four groundbreaking security features to create the most visually secure coin in the world. These additions both decorate and protect the coin, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’. In the lower left-hand of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, is a trident to represent her naval history. As the viewer changes their perspective this trident becomes a padlock, emphasising the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation behind Britannia reflects the movement of waves and fine details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been highlighted by tincture lines.
This one-ounce silver coin includes four security features, as does the one-kilo silver coin. These features are also available on the various gold editions of the coin.
Tap into our 20 years of experience and let us walk you through our products and solutions, and answer any questions you have about diversifying your portfolio.
At a time that works for you.